CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Pilgrimmage

Alhamdulillah, praise to the Almighty God, my parents are able to perform their pilgrimage this year. They went last Thursday. I miss 'em already! ;)

I've had a pretty full week due to that, among others. My parents held a gathering (doa selamat) the weekend before they went. I even managed to get myself hurt during the preparations! :p We were setting up the guest tent when one of the poles accidentally fell on my left feet. Ouch! Still hurts a little, even after over a week now.

Whatever it is, I am very thankful to God that my parents are able to perform this wonderful ibadah. To all family and friends who have wished them well and sent them off with prayers and safe journey, I can never repay your kindnesses.

The pilgrimage (Hajj) is one of the five Pillars of Islam. It is a religious practice for all Muslims that have the capacity to do so (health and sufficient funds, etc). It is not strictly compulsory, but made a choice for Muslims to either perform it or not, depending on their individual abilities. I've already opened up a Tabung Haji account, the moment I started working. However, it was only last month that I registered for Hajj. :p I pray to God that my funds will be more than sufficient soon enough, for I would love to perform Hajj in my lifetime. :)

Whatever it is, I pray for my parents' health, so that they may perform their ibadah as smoothly as possible, and come back here, insyaAllah. :)

No comments: