CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A blog before I run off to bed?? Hehehe...

Well, I was suddenly reminded. Just a few days ago, 31st May 2008 marked my 10-years-after-return-from-the-UK anniversary. :) I can still remember the exact date. I touched-down on the then newly opened KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia) on a hot afternoon on 31st May 1998, after the long flight from Heathrow Airport, London. Prior to Heathrow Airport, it was a short (less than an hour) flight from Glasgow International Airport, Scotland. I lived in the beautiful city of Glasgow, Scotland for a memorable 2 and a half years.

It was so hard to say goodbye to my life there, especially my friends, who actually came to bombard my house right after school the day before I left. I was in the process of last minute packing when the door bell rang and about a dozen of my closest friends from school gave me a surprise visit. Greenday's "Time of Your Life" will always have a special meaning to me; my friends sang the song to me, acoustic style... Missing u n ur guitar, Joanne. :)

Erm, out of the blue, I just remembered something else. I need to do a short write-up about heat cycle test for my company's upcoming Technology Day. I'd better get a move on that. FYI, heat cycle test is an integral test that automakers conduct for interior and exterior automotive parts, to verify the part's performance and reliability. :)

Well, another time for more "Dalila's UK / European Memoirs"...and oh, when I do manage to complete my write-up on heat cycle test, I'd definitely blog about it here. Wish me luck! ;)

No comments: